I thought it might be interesting to capture some experiences of life without a car. I'll add to the list as new things come up.
- Time is relative. When making a round trip bike ride on the same route, one direction may take 5 minutes, while the other may take 15.
- A terrier can smell the dog park from 1/2 a mile away.
- I doubt I'll be buying mega-sized packages of toilet paper for a while.
- Riding a bus is interesting.
- The first few times you ride a bike after not riding for a long time, you don't know how to get started, you don't know how well the breaks work, and you're afraid of cars. Be prepared to look like a dork.
- Walking in the rain is fun.