In writing that is.
She gets to see the many faces of Suzanne in and out of days, and I guess she thinks it would play well in type. Me, I'm not so sure, but I hear and obey. She is, after all, the finest, funniest, and bestest assistant I've ever had.
So let's see. Here are some random events from today:
- I got a lot of pleasure from looking at the brown eggs we purchased at a local farm market the other day. I'd heard the color of the yolks should be more orange than supermarket versions, but I'm not sure I could see a difference.
- The priest of the Episcopal church I've been attending thanked me for adopting a plaster Mary statue last week.
- I ate a teaspoon of local honey, hoping to stave off the allergies that have been plaguing me for month. Let's see if this little trick works!
- I am playing with different voices for my latest picture book... thinking of going sort of irreverent, wacky, and magical. Wonder if that's an achievable mix?
- I've been pondering and researching whether there is a point in Christian history that we began being temples of the Holy Spirit.
- I invited my college age son to PLEASE come visit me.
- I talked DiDi into picking up the football pizza special at my place of employ, because I don't want to see it on a day I'm not working.
- I spent an hour with two Jehovah's Witnesses, learning about the distinctives of their faith.
- I baked cinammon rolls which I wish were like my Mom used to make. But aren't.
- I kicked an empty Bisquick Light box around the apartment with Charlie the Wonder dog, who thinks cardboard boxes are the best toys ever.
- I forgot to remind DiDi to take her pills on time, but DID remember to bring her some ice for her poor, swollen cheek.
- I half listened to a football game on the telly, given that I'm a New Englander now, and it looks as if "we" are going to the Super Bowl.
- I started running a much overdue backup of my laptop.
- I began a load of laundry, which reminds me, I'd better go put it in the dryer...
I hope your day was equally varied, interesting, and just a tad bit crazy.